Follow @Teapottrail

Saturday 16 January 2016

Sprained my left ankle again

I've intended to get a teapot tattoo on my left ankle for some time now.
I sprained my ankle again. It wasn't the ice. We were coming down from the top of Teapot hill, when without warning I went over on my left ankle again. If it's going to happen it's going to be the left ankle. I rolled in the dirt on my left side. Ouch! Ouch! I wasn't sure I could put my weight on it. But I did and I walked down on my own. 
Betsy took Trinity's leash so I could concentrate on walking carefully. We left our ice cleats in the car today, but clearly we should've had them. It was really icy and Betsy's shoes were not up for it. She was slipping and sliding all over the place, but it was real graceful, even when she went crashing into a tree. 
Later, back at home, the ankle doesn't look like it's swollen or anything (it was the next day), but it still hurts. It matches the yellow and purple bruises all over my legs--but that's another story. And that's where the tattoo comes in (I'm looking for design ideas). If I'm going to keep almost breaking this ankle on teapot hill, then it should have a teapot tattoo on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment